What Is A Sales Funnel?
Before discussing the topic “What is ClickFunnels”, let’s first understand the concept of the sales funnel. Because ClickFunnels is nothing but a software to help you build sales funnels.
A sales funnel is a path or a journey that a person takes before becoming your business customer.
Not all business prospects will become your customer. Some will drop off at the first stage of the sales funnel, some in the middle of the funnel & eventually only a few will buy your product or service (at the end of the funnel).
If you present the aforesaid sales journey in a graphical format then it takes a shape of a funnel. Hence, called a ‘sales funnel’.
Prospects are the audiences who show a basic level of interest in your products or services. Example: Your website or store visitors.
Contacts are the audiences who are interested to know more about your products or services. Example: Newsletter subscribers
Leads are the audiences who are actively looking to buy one of your products or services. Example: Customers who have requested a demo of your product or service.
Finalists are the audiences who show an advanced level of interest in your products or services with an intention to buy them. Example: Free trial customers.
Clients are the audiences who have bought one of your products or services. Example: Final customers
So, what is the purpose & use of a sales funnel? Simple. It is used to convert website visitors or prospects into customers.
This is the year 2018 & you simply cannot expect cold audiences to become your customers at once. Therefore, you need to take your prospect through a carefully-crafted sales journey (with value addition at each stage). This is where a sales funnel steps in.
Example Of A Sales Funnel
Let’s go through an example of a sales funnel of a nutrition consultant:
Top of Funnel: Offers a free nutrition ebook to his or her website visitors (in exchange for their email).
Middle of Funnel: Pitches for a low-cost nutrition product like protein powder (say for $5 or $10)
Bottom of Funnel: Pitches for a high-cost monthly subscription service (like consultation & training) say for $100 a month
Importance Of Sales Funnel
A sales funnel helps in the following:
- Easy conversion of prospects into customers
- Increased sales
- Building trust in the minds of prospects
- Qualifying prospects
- Building lead base
Characteristics Of A Good Sales Funnel
Following are the characteristics of an effective sales funnel:
- Easy to navigate
- Value addition at each stage
- Trust validation at each stage
- Justified cost-value trade-off
- Short, simple & quick
WHAT IS CLICKFUNNELS – A COMPLETE GUIDE WITH STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL, SCREENSHOTS & EXAMPLES
What Is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is a sales-funnel focussed drag-and-drop website builder OR simply a sales-funnel builder.
So, with ClickFunnels, you have 2 options:
- If you already have a website –> Simply integrate it with ClickFunnels.
- No website? –> Simply start building one with ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels offers a ton of high-converting sales funnels’ templates which can be customized as per your needs. Best of all, you don’t need to be a programmer to do so since the builder is purely drag-and-drop.
Also, their plans include hosting of funnel pages or website. So, no worries about the server, uptime, speed etc.
How To Set Up?
- Go to ClickFunnels homepage & click on “Start your free 14 days trial” button.
- Then, proceed to create an account on ClickFunnels
- After creating an account, you should be able to view the ‘Dashboard’. On the dashboard, hover over profile icon on the top right corner & click on domains.
- Click on ‘Add domain’ button to either register a new domain name or configure an existing domain name (if you already have a domain name).
- After setting up of the domain name, move over to start creating sales funnels. Go to dashboard & click on “Create new funnel” button.
- On the funnel creation page, you can opt for your desired funnel type. Typically, ClickFunnels offers 22 funnel types:
- Squeeze page
- Live demo
- Daily deal
- Auto webinar
- Ask campaign
- Video sales letter
- 2 Step tripwire
- Product launch
- Lead magnet
- Sales letter
- Reverse squeeze page
To help you choose the right type of funnel for your business, a brief description is included at the bottom of each funnel type.
Alternatively, you may also opt to build your own custom funnel by clicking on “Classic funnel builder” button.
- Once you have a funnel type selected, time to select the funnel template.
- After selecting the template, click on “Get funnel” button to start customizing your funnel by clicking on “Edit page”. You can change URL of the landing page as you wish.
- If you already have a website & are just looking to integrate with ClickFunnels then click on the “Integrations” link available under profile icon. ClickFunnels integrates seamlessly with platforms like Shopify & WordPress.
Features That Matter
- Drag & drop builder
- Numerous conversion-oriented funnel types & templates
- Branding options with own domain name or URL
- Integration with popular website platforms like WordPress & Shopify
- Customer & subscribers follow up emails & SMS
What I Like
Let me confess that I love using & talking about ClickFunnels. Why? Because of the following reasons:
- Simple & easy to use
- A ton of high-converting templates to choose from
- Quick set-up
- Payment integration
- Custom domain name allowed
What I Don’t Like
- The UIs of the templates look somewhat spammy. I understand that these templates are tested for good conversion but still, I believe they can be improved for a more professional look & feel.
- Customer support has got the scope for improvement.
Real Customers’ Reviews
TrustPilot & G2Crowd are known for providing real, crowdsourced & verified reviews of software products.
So, let’s go there & check for some ClickFunnels reviews:
For your information, Russel Branson is the founder of ClickFunnels. I recommend checking out some of the books authored by him on building sales funnels.
On G2Crowd, ClickFunnels has got a score of 4.3 out of 5. That’s good. Isn’t it?
In today’s world, it’s difficult to live without voicing our opinion on social media. Be it sports, entertainment or business, we generally pour our heart out there.
The great thing about social media is that it is not censored or controlled by any brand. Therefore, generally, opinions posted there are genuine.
So, what do customers have to say about ClickFunnels? Do they like it or not? Let’s find out.
Following are some of the screenshots from Twitter:
This is one area where ClickFunnels needs to improve.
There have been instances where customers (including me) have complained that the support team was slow to respond to their queries.
Nevertheless, they do have dedicated customer support channels. Also, the documentation seems to be robust.
To raise a support ticket, click on the sticky ‘Help’ icon floating on the bottom right on the dashboard.
I checked the loading speed of one of the funnel pages on GtMetrix & got the following results:
Website speed is one of the crucial factors that affect the conversation rate. As per Google, for great user experience, a website should load within 2 seconds.
As can be seen, ClickFunnels is barely crossing the 2 seconds mark. So, it has got a decent loading speed.
ClickFunnels supports free SSL certificate installation on custom domains.
Also, they support trusted payment gateways like Stripe & PayPal.
ClickFunnels is not in the good books when it comes to website uptime. Few customers like the following do occasionally complain about their site being down.
ClickFunnels integrates with the following:
- Email auto-responders like MailChimp
- Webinar platforms
- Chat Softwares
- E-commerce shipping plugins
- Payment gateways
- Website builders like Shopify & WordPress
ClickFunnels pricing is very simple with 2 tier plans. The basic one costs $97 a month & the advanced plan costs $297 a month.
Unfortunately, in terms of features, none of ClickFunnels’s competitors stand a chance :(. ClickFunnels is very robust & effective when it comes to building a high-converting sales funnel.
40,000+ businesses from across the world trust ClickFunnels for a reason.
However, if your requirement is a basic one (like building a simple sales funnel or high-converting landing pages) then give LeadPages a try. When it comes to building beautiful landing pages, they are one of the best in the business.
Is It Worth? (My Final Review)
Despite flaws in customer support & website uptime, I believe ClickFunnels overall is a great product to build high-converting sales funnels.
Click here to start your 14 days free trial on ClickFunnels.
Have you tried ClickFunnels? What are your thoughts? Please comment below.